- 1 Top 20 Best Electric Smokers Reviews, Tips & Buying Guides
- 2 [TOP 20] Best Electric Smokers Reviews In 2022
- 2.1 1. Best Overall – Masterbuilt 30-Inch Digital Electric Smoker
- 2.2 2. Best Bluetooth – Masterbuilt Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker 40 Inch
- 2.3 3. Runner Up – Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker
- 2.4 4. Best Large Option – Smokin-It Model #2 Electric Smoker
- 2.5 5. Best Digital – Char-Broil 19202101 Deluxe Black Digital Electric Smoker
- 2.6 6. Best Upgrade – Bradley BTDS76P Digital 4-Rack Smoker
- 2.7 7. Best Analog – Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker
- 2.8 8. Best for Beginners – Cuisinart 30-Inch Electric Smoker
- 2.9 9. Best Budget – Royal Gourmet Electric Smoker with Adjustable Temperature Control
- 2.10 10. Best Top-Load – Smokehouse Big Chief Electric Smoker
- 2.11 11. Bradley Digital 6 Rack Smoker
- 2.12 12. Smokin-It Model #1 Electric Smoker
- 2.13 13. Masterbuilt MB20073519 Bluetooth Digital Electric Smoker with Broiler
- 2.14 14. Best Bisquette Smoker – Bradley Smoker Original 4 Rack Stainless Smoker
- 2.15 15. PIT BOSS 77220 2.2 Analog Smoker
- 2.16 16. Masterbuilt 20070910 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Top Controller
- 2.17 17. Best Analog – Masterbuilt MB20070210 Analog Electric Smoker
- 2.18 18. Best Budget – Dyna-Glo Vertical Analog Electric Smoker
- 2.19 19. Old Smokey Electric Smoker
- 2.20 20. Smokehouse Products Little Chief Front Load Smoker
- 3 Best Electric Smoker Brands
- 4 Buying Guides – What to Look for Before Buying an Electric Smoker?
- 4.1 1. Size and cooking space
- 4.2 2. Heating element
- 4.3 3. Meat probe
- 4.4 4. Wood chip loading system
- 4.5 5. Easy cleanup
- 4.6 6. Portable feature
- 4.7 7. Materials
- 4.8 8. Pricing
- 4.9 9. Capacity
- 4.10 10. Durability & Warranty
- 4.11 11. Temperature Stability
- 4.12 12. Drip and Water Pan Quality
- 4.13 13. Installed Caveats
- 4.14 14. Layer Structure
- 4.15 15. Safer Option
- 4.16 16. The Durability Of The Power Cord
- 4.17 17. Lightweight
- 4.18 18. Accurate Temperature Gauge
- 4.19 19. High-End Model
- 4.20 20. Adjustable Air Flow
- 4.21 21. Longevity
- 4.22 22. Smoker Reviews
- 5 Pros and Cons of Electric Smokers
- 6 FAQs About Best Electric Smokers?
- 6.1 What Is An Electric Smoker?
- 6.2 How Do I Use An Electric Smoker?
- 6.3 What Kind Of Fuel Does An Electric Smoker Use?
- 6.4 How Much Does An Electric Smoker Cost?
- 6.5 How Do I Maintain My Electric Smoker?
- 6.6 How Do I Cook With My Electric Smoker?
- 6.7 How Do I Clean My Electric Smoker?
- 6.8 What Are The Advantages Of Using An Electric Smoker?
- 6.9 What Are The Disadvantages Of Using An Electric Smoker?
- 6.10 How Do I Start Using An Electric Smoker?
- 6.11 What Are The Different Types Of Electric Smokers?
- 6.12 What Are Some Tips For Electric Smoker Cooking?
- 6.13 Can I Use An Electric Smoker In The Garage?
- 6.14 What Should I Look For When Buying An Electric Smoker?
- 6.15 What Is The Difference Between Electric Smokers And Pellet Grills?
- 6.16 Where Should I Place My Electric Smoker?
- 6.17 How Hot Do Electric Smokers Get?
- 6.18 How Often Should I Empty My Electric Smoker?
- 6.19 What To Look For In A Portable Electric Smoker?
- 6.20 Can I Use An Electric Smoker Indoors?
- 6.21 How Do Electric Smokers Work?
- 6.22 Do Electric Smokers Use Propane?
- 6.23 Can I Add Wood Chips To A Brushless Electric Smoker?
- 6.24 Do Electric Smokers Come With Temperature Gauges?
- 6.25 How Thick Should My Wood Chips Be?
- 6.26 What Can I Use As A Cooling Rack On The Bottom Of My Electric Smoker?
- 6.27 How Many Watts Does An Electric Smoker Use?
- 6.28 How Long Does It Take To Heat Up A New Electric Smoker?
- 6.29 How Much Wood Chips Do Electric Smoker Burn Through?
- 6.30 Why Are Electric Smokers So Expensive?
- 6.31 Can I Convert My Propane Smoker Into an Electric One?
- 6.32 What is One of the Best Brands of Electric Smokers?
- 6.33 Can I Still Add Wood Chips If the Chips Are Too Big?
- 6.34 What Is the Difference Between Propane and Electric Smokers?
- 6.35 How Do I Keep the Flavor in My Food When Using an Electric Smoker?
- 6.36 What Equipment Will I Need to Use My Electric Smoker?
- 7 Conclusion
Top 20 Best Electric Smokers Reviews, Tips & Buying Guides
(Common Search Terms: Best Electric Smokers & Best Electric Smoker)
There are a lot of electric smokers on the market these days. It can be hard to know which one is the best for you. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the Best Electric Smokers on the market and what makes them so great.
We will also provide you with information on how to choose the right smoker for your needs. So, whether you are a beginner or an experienced smoker, this blog post is for you! Stay tuned for more information on the Best Electric Smokers out there.
[TOP 20] Best Electric Smokers Reviews In 2022
1. Best Overall – Masterbuilt 30-Inch Digital Electric SmokerB07CN38M23
If you are looking for the best electric smokers for beginners, the product from Masterbuilt is definitely a must-have item. It is so user-friendly that anyone can immediately start to barbecue once they have it. Not to mention, those who would like to stay away from conventional items such as charcoal smokers could also consider it an ideal option due to its outstanding features.
First of all, this digital electric smoker comes with a steel cabinet and plastic trim. Yet the material of the interior is aluminum. If you want to set the temperature inside, there is a digital control panel. It also allows you to adjust the cooking time as well as monitor on and off controls. Another feature is the thermostat control, which ensures consistent smoking.
With chrome-coated cooking racks, this best smoker can be cleaned with ease.
Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker Specifications
- Cooking space: 730 square inches
- Dimensions: 20.47’’W x 19.88’’L x 33.26’’H
- Weight: nearly 46 pounds
- Temperature settings: 275 degrees Fahrenheit
With the special construction, this digital electric smoker heats up within seconds and provides users with a temperature consistently. All you need to do is to plug the device into an electrical outlet and then you are more than ready.
This digital electric smokers comes in various models listed below
- Basic 30’’ model
- 40’’ with window
- 40’’ Bluetooth model with a window
Depending on your own preference, you can choose the model that suits you best. As for this 30’’ digital electric smoker, bear in mind that it provides sufficient cooking space for a lot of meat to be cooked at the same time, to be specific, 4 pork butts, 4 racks of ribs, 2 turkeys or 6 chickens.
Finally, all the Masterbuilt smokers come at a very affordable price, which is surely a plus point.
What We Like
- Outstanding insulation for heat retention which allows users to smoke easily within seconds
- Spacious capacity, enough to store as much as 4 pork butts, 4 racks of ribs, 2 turkeys or 6 chickens
- Comes with convenient wood chip loading system so that you do not need to open the door when adding wood chips.
- Competitive price with superb features
We Don’t Like
- The cooking rack seems rather small
2. Best Bluetooth – Masterbuilt Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker 40 InchB07NQPLB19
Another Mastebuilt smoker in this list is Bluetooth Smart Electric Smoker 40 Inch. As its name implies, the product comes with distinctive technological features, which provides you with the highest convenience and thus cooking will be the most enjoyable experience ever.
To begin with, the built-in Bluetooth function allows you to connect the smoker with your phone. Therefore, you can control the smoker’s temperature comfortably even when sitting on a sofa simply by using a mobile app. Moreover, you can also turn the device on and off using this app. So, as you can see, convenience is the most compelling reason for buying this electric smoker. However, you should bear in mind that the device is not flawless. In fact, you can control it from a distance of only around 12-15 feet. Furthermore, the distance might even decline with the appearance of a wall or walls. Nevertheless, being a digital native, you may not be put off by this minor disadvantage. It is worth giving a try and enjoying the comfort provided.
Another plus point of this digital electric smoker is its side wood chip loading system, which enables users to add wood chips without opening the door. Moreover, the device comes with four smoking racks that are coated with chrome, hence an easy clean. The benefits of this electric smoker do not stop here. You will be amazed to know that it is also equipped with a meat probe thermometer so that you can check the temperature of the food with ease and thus choose the appropriate temperature for your dish. When it comes to the capacity, the electric smoker has a spacious surface that allows users to deal with as much as 4 turkeys, 8 racks of ribs, 8 pork butts or 16 chickens. Finally, when you open the device, there is low light on the food from the interior light system.
Masterbuilt Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker 40 Inch Specifications
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 19.68 x 25.2 x 41.73 inches
- Weight: 66.31 pounds
- Temperature settings: 275 degrees Fahrenheit
What We Like
- Impressive cooking space, enabling users to handle up to 4 turkeys, 8 racks of ribs, 8 pork butts or 16 chickens
- Outstanding smoke flavor that ensures your food has the best smoke flavor all the time
- Comes with comfortable wheels so that you can easily move the device around. It is especially convenient for those who would like to have a barbecue outside.
We Don’t Like
- The chip loading tray is as small as the 30-inch model’s, which means it is not enough for the capacity provided
- Limited range on the mobile app
3. Runner Up – Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric SmokerB00SMRXYCE
One of the best electric smokers is Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker from Char-Broil. This product is perfect those who love holding outdoor parties and barbecues. Firstly, it comes with a spacious cooking capacity of up to 725 square inches and 4 smoking racks that can be adjusted to suit your preference. Therefore, you can cook plenty of kinds of meats regardless of the number of your guests. Furthermore, the gigantic smoke box allows you to have up to 7 hours of smoke. All you have to do is to sit comfortably and wait until your food is ready.
When it comes to how to cook the meat perfectly, you will not have to worry, as there is a removable meat probe. You can simply put the probe into the meat and then when your meat is done to the temperature set, you will be alerted. The probe is washable, so hygiene will not be a concern. Moreover, when your food is done, the warming feature of this digital electric smoker allows your food to maintain its warmth inside the box until you take it out and start to enjoy it.
Regarding its construction, this best electric smoker comes with insulated double walls, making the heat and smoke locked inside. It means that the wood chips can be used in a way that is 10 times as efficient as the mechanism of the most well known smokers on the market does. All you need is to fill the wood chip box of 4 cups and then let the device work on its own for up to 7 hours. The smoke produced is as much as the amount released by the other best smokers.
The quality of the food is always the major concern of all the users when they want to buy any cooking machine. With this electric smoker, your meal will be superb juicy and tender. Not to mention, the smoke flavor is perfect. Finally the device comes with a water pan that is porcelain-coated and a remote control, resulting in better accessibility. With so many standout features, the product is surely a great buy.
Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker Specifications
- Cooking space: 725 square inches
- Dimensions: 16.5 x 18.1 x 32.5 inches
- Weight: 50.2 pounds
What We Like
- User-friendly – the smoker comes with a state-of-the-art digital controller, making cooking is just a piece of cake.
- Great capacity with 4 removable shelves allows users to cook a lot of foods once
- Impressive grease tray (8.5 cup capacity) – easy to move and cleanup
- Equipped with meat thermometer probe
- Big wood chip box that provides up to 7 hours of smoking
- Stylish appearance
We Don’t Like
- Some parts are waterproof while some aren’t
- Hinge is not sturdy enough
4. Best Large Option – Smokin-It Model #2 Electric SmokerB003KKLDX0
If you are seeking a large electric smoker, then this Smokin-It Model #2 is definitely a must-have item. With such an impressive size and outstanding quality, the product surely deserves the most attention.
Although Masterbuilt is well known for its insulation, this electric smoker can be regarded as its main competitor as it has a large construction made of 18 gauge, 201 stainless steel. Besides, with fiberglass structure, the machine offers great insulation, which means heat loss can be minimized. Moreover, while cheap smokers are made of lightweight metal, this well-built smoker ensures the temperature remains stable without any modifications. Not to mention, the 800-watt heating element from NEW of this electric smoker also contributes to the reduction in heat loss.
Regarding capacity, you can put as much as 35 pounds of meat or seafood in the smoker to cook once. You may need the machine for your home use, but if you own a restaurant, the machine is even more than that. It is certified by NSF for Restaurant use. Just like other electric smokers, the Smokin-It Model #2 also comes with LED light. Finally, there are 4 removable shelves that come with the device, which enhances movement and cleanup.
With so many features, you may wonder if the smoker is expensive, yet the price is surprisingly affordable. So whether you need a gigantic smoker for your regular big parties or for your restaurant, it can meet all the requirements.
Smokein-it Model #2 Electric Smoker Specifications
- Dimensions: 24 x 30 x 22 inches
- Weight: 114 pounds
- Temperature settings: 100F to 250F degrees
What We Like
- Big electric smoker – it can hold up to 35 pounds of food at one time
- Excellent mobility thanks to the wheels equipped on the bottom, so you can move the smoker around
- The power cord is as long as 12 feet, making the smoker to be placed
- Wood consumption is superb efficient – it needs only 2-5oz of wood chips
- 4 removable racks make cooking more convenient
We Don’t Like
- The casters are relatively small compared with the surface
5. Best Digital – Char-Broil 19202101 Deluxe Black Digital Electric SmokerB07K14KBVR
If you are keen on smoking food outdoors, then this Deluxe Black Digital Electric Smoker from Char-Broil is the ideal choice. Coming with a large internal space for cooking and 4 removable racks, the smoker provides users with the ability to cook a variety of meats or seafood including hams, small turkeys and ribs. Besides, the smoke box offers a large capacity and thus you can have up to 7 hours of smoke just by one time of filling wood. So all you need is to sit comfortably and wait until your food is ready.
The electric smoker is equipped with a meat probe that is removable and washable. Therefore, you only need to insert the probe into the food and then the machine will alert you when the meat is cooked to the temperature that you have set. It also means your food is perfectly cooked every time. Not to mention, the warming feature coming with the machine enables you to keep the food warm inside it until you take it out and start to enjoy it.
When it comes to the build, this deluxe digital electric smoker has high-grade insulated double wall construction that can ensure heat and smoke are locked in. With its construction, the smoker can handle wood chips 10 times as efficiently as the best electric smokers for sale can. Once it is filled with wood chips (around 4 cups), it can yield smoke as long as 7 hours.
The vertical smoker has a full-size glass window and a side-locking latch that ensures the food is fully cooked in smoke. It means your meal can reach the juicy and smoky perfection at all times. The temperature gauge is removable and a state-of-the-art control panel that is equipped with a stunning LED display, so users can easily adjust the heat and make modifications. Furthermore, the water pan is coated with porcelain, offering you greater accessibility.
Char-Broil 19202101 Deluxe Black Digital Electric Smoker Specifications
- Cooking space: 725 square inches
- Dimensions: 32.5 x 18.1 x 16.5 inches
- Weight: 58.7 pounds
What We Like
- Equipped with a meat probe
- Large capacity with the cooking surface of 725 square inches spreading across 4 removable racks
- Temperature gauge included
- Comes with large grease tray (8.5 cups) that can be removed and cleaned with ease.
- Features glass window so that users can watch how the food is cooked
We Don’t Like
- The blue LED display is difficult to read, especially in direct sunlight
- The power cord is relatively short
6. Best Upgrade – Bradley BTDS76P Digital 4-Rack SmokerB000FJZ150
Among the best digital electric smokers, the BTDS76P Digital 4-Rack Smoker from Bradley is an appealing option with many standout features. To begin with, the well-built smoker is made of high-grade material. Its construction is made of carbon steel while the material of the interior is stainless steel. Not to mention, the exterior is coated with powder epoxy, which is superb durable.
Regarding the capacity of the oven, the electric smoker can hold up to 76L of food. Moreover, it comes with multiple racks so that it can handle a wide variety of foods ranging from meat, chicken to fish at the same time. The cooking space is 4x 135 inches, enabling users to cook plenty of foods including brisket, chicken or ribs.
As mentioned earlier, the interior of the smoker is made of stainless steel, meaning that it is very easy to clean and rust-resistant. Moreover, the diffuser system makes sure that the smoke continues flowing while the old smoke is eliminated, and thus no black smoke covers your smoked meal. As for convenience, the electric smoker features dual heating elements so that all kinds of heat and smoke can be controlled such as cold smoking, hot smoking and dehydrating. The wood feeding system allows it to work for as long as 9 hours with only clean smoke flavor being produced. All you need is to fill up the wood box and then sit comfortably to wait for your food to get ready.
This is also one of the best digital electric smokers, which allow you to host barbecue outdoors thanks to its all-in design. You can control heat, time and smoke using the digital functions with ease. The maximum degrees that the smoker can deal with are 320 degrees F.
In short, as the smoker is equipped with many excellent features, it is easy to see why it has received plenty of positive feedback from many websites.
Bradley BTDS76P Digital 4-Rack Smoker Specifications
- Large capacity: 76L internal capacity
- Dimensions: 14 x 17 x 31 inches
- Weight: 57.5 pounds
- Controllable temperature: up to 320 degrees F
What We Like
- Automatic feeding system for wood that can work for as long as 9 hours
- Made of high-quality material
- Handles a wide variety of foods at the same time
- Convenient for outdoor parties
We Don’t Like
- It is quite difficult to read the LCD display, especially in direct sunlight
7. Best Analog – Char-Broil Analog Electric SmokerB0752DN3PB
If you are a newbie in the field of smoking food, then this Analog Electric Smoker from Char-Broil is surely a perfect option. The device comes with an insulated construction and an impressive large wood chip box, meaning the temperature remains stable during the smoking process. To be precise, it has cooking space of nearly 600 square inches across 3 grates plated with chrome. Therefore, you can cook a wide variety of food at the same time. Moreover, the wood chip box has large capacity, so you can enjoy hours of smoke without worrying about refilling.
Regarding temperature settings, there is a door-mounted temperature gauge so that you can monitor the temperature inside with ease. The electric smoker also comes with a water pan made of aluminized steel that enables meat to have lower risk of dying out and maintain the juiciness. Also, there is a tray that can be removed, so you can clean the smoker without difficulty.
This electric smoker is made of high-grade quality material, ensuring that it can last for very long. Not to mention, a heating element of 1200 watts powers the smoker. Finally, this is an all-in device, so it has all the necessary elements ranging from cooking chamber, dual door latches to side carrying handles. If you are looking for an economical smoker, why don’t you give it a try?
Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker Specifications
- Cooking space: 544 square inches
- Dimensions: 15 x 20.7 x 33.5 inches
- Heating element: 1200 watts
- Weight: nearly 50 pounds
What We Like
- Large cooking space, up to 550 square inches
- All-in electric smoker, coming with heavy-duty dual door latches and side handles
- Big wood chip box offers many hours of smoke
- Door-mounted temperature gauge
- Budget smoker
We Don’t Like
- Wood chips cannot be refilled automatically
8. Best for Beginners – Cuisinart 30-Inch Electric SmokerB07CZCKTJ4
Are you new to smoking food? Are you looking for a budget smoker that can make you start to smoke food without difficulty just when you get it? Here comes the 30-inch Electric Smoker from Cuisinart.
To begin with, this electric smoker is superb user-friendly. You can start the smoking process simply by filling the water pan. By doing so, the humidity of the cooking chamber will be raised to make sure foods avoid being dried out. If you are worried about the water level, remember that you can always refill the device during the smoking process. The smoker has a preference for hickory and mesquite, but that does not mean you cannot use other kinds of wood chips. In fact, you can even mix all the woods that you love to create your unique combination.
With the cooking space of nearly 550 square inches spreading across 3 removable racks, you can cook a wide variety of food ranging from meats to veggies. All you need to do is to set the temperature and close the door, and then the machine will take care of the rest.
Regarding temperature settings, the electric smoker comes with a heating element of 1500 watts and a dial-style thermostat, which allows temperature to reach 100-400 degrees Fahrenheit very fast. Moreover, there is a large built-in thermometer on the front door, so you can check the internal temperature very easily.
Another big advantage of this electric smoker is its versatility and convenience. It comes with 3 removable racks plated with chrome, so you can arrange different kinds of foods with ease. For example, you can put a whole chicken, chunks of meats or veggies for greater convenience. Both trays and racks can be removed, so you can clean them with ease.
It would be a big loss if we do not mention the appearance of a heating coil, a second tray for water in addition to the 3 racks mentioned earlier. The footprint of the smoker makes it a perfect choice for decks, patios and outdoor parties. You can cook plenty of foods including veggies, pork, beef, chicken, fish, seafood, chunks of meats and even whole birds.
Instead of struggling with conventional charcoal smokers, now you already have this electric smoker from Cuisinart, which is very friendly to users. If the features mentioned above are not enough for you to make the final decision, then the fact that the device is guaranteed for three years surely helps you decide to buy it.
Cuisinart 30-Inch Electric Smoker Specifications
- Cooking space: 548 square inches
- Dimensions: 22 x 19 x 37.5 inches
- Heating element: 1500 watts
- Weight: 51.50 pounds
What We Like
- Lightweight and user-friendly, perfect for newbies
- Large cooking space allowing users to cook a wide variety of foods
- Made of strong materials including stainless steel
- Cleanup is just a piece of cake
- Built-in thermometer to help users monitor the internal temperature
We Don’t Like
- Refilling water might affect the temperature and thus the smoking process
9. Best Budget – Royal Gourmet Electric Smoker with Adjustable Temperature ControlB076CB6665
When it comes to buying any household appliances, price is always the main consideration. However, the electric smoker from Royal Gourmet is a budget option with many outstanding features.
To start with, the cooking space is rather large with around 450 square inches spreading across 3 cooking racks plated with chrome. These racks are adjustable so that you can put foods comfortably according to your need. There are many kinds of foods that can be smoked, including pies, ribs and even a whole bird (turkey). Moreover, the electric smoker comes with a removable grease cup, enabling users to clean it more easily. The oil leftover is stored by a removable aluminum oil pan located underneath the device.
With regard to heating wood, chips contained in a lidded box are heated by steam coming from the water pan. Through this process, your food is perfectly cooked, giving you juiciness and a wonderful smoke flavor. You can choose many kinds of wood chips for your electric smoker. The majority of meats can go well with hickory chips due to its mildness. Those particularly interested in beef can choose mesquite, whose flavor is much stronger. If you would like to cook fish, alder is definitely a perfect choice. Regarding pork and chicken, you can opt for apple wood.
In terms of structure, the electric smoker is built with double walls, allowing temperature to be stored in the firebox. A latch system on the door provides users with a great seal performance. Besides, the cool-touch spring door handle makes sure burning can be prevented. With so many standout features, the smoker offers versatile applications, for example, firewood grilling, steaming, drying and smoked barbecue.
Royal Gourmet Electric Smoker Specifications
- Cooking space: 457.86 square inches
- Dimensions: 37.1 x 19 x 20.6 inches (Internal dimensions: 14.3’’ x 12.5’’ x 18.5’’)
- Heating element: 1500 watts
- Weight: 48.3 pounds
What We Like
- One of the most economical smokers on the market
- Impressive internal cooking surface – as large as nearly 460 square inches
- 3 adjustable racks that allow users to put different kinds of foods at the same time
- Removable grease cup and oil pan, meaning cleanup will be with ease
- Comes with cool-touch spring door handle so that scalding will be prevented
We Don’t Like
- The device might not be suitable for professional cooks
10. Best Top-Load – Smokehouse Big Chief Electric SmokerB000ZL182I
It would be a miss if we did not mention any smoker from Big Chief, one of the most well known brands of smoker in the USA. The very first large smoker of the company was introduced in the 1980s and immediately won widespread praise. Therefore, this Smokehouse Big Chief Electric Smoker is surely a must-have item for those who are keen on smoked food.
The first benefit of this electric smoker is its heat system. The temperature remains consistently low at 165 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the smoking process so that you can cook your salmon or sausage for a long time and thus enjoy the best flavor. Besides, the device is equipped with high-grade ventilation consisting of great dehydration and smoke circulation. Therefore, the smoke flavor is as deep as possible in addition to the best texture.
When it comes to cooking space, the interior space is so large that the machine can deal with 50 pounds, enabling you to cook a wide variety of foods, especially salmon. Whether you intend to feed a big or small family, the smoker can meet the demand. Finally, the device is famous for its quick startup. All you need is to plug it into typical household outlet and there you go.
Smokehouse Big Chief Electric Smoker Specifications
- Cooking space: up to 50 pounds of foods
- Dimensions: 12.38 x 18.25 x 27.12 inches
- Heating element: 450 watts
- Weight: 17.57 pounds
What We Like
- Superb user-friendly
- Equipped with special smoke ventilation, ensuring the deep smoke flavor and nice texture
- Unique temperature setting, offering a consistent low heat of 165 degrees F
- Certified safety
- Perfect for smoking different kinds of meats and fish
We Don’t Like
- The device works at only one temperature
11. Bradley Digital 6 Rack SmokerB000FK09EW
If you are seeking the best electric smokers with a large cooking capacity, then this Digital 6 Rack Smoker from Bradley is definitely a perfect option. It has a 780-square-inch cooking surface spreading across 6 removable racks, allowing users to cook plenty of foods.
The digital electric smoker comes with an exterior made of stainless steel, giving it an appealing look. You may think it has no difference from the other products listed in this article, but in fact, the device deals with its own kind of wood – bisquettes while the other machines uses wood chips. The bisquettes are closely similar to the pellets that are usually used with a pellet grill, but they are used on the Bradley products and thus ensures the consistent heat and smoke throughout the smoking process.
There is an ash catcher. As its name implies, there will be no dirt left and cleanup will be just a piece of cake. The maximum temperature the digital electric smoker can reach is 280 degrees Fahrenheit. The device also comes with a built-in thermostat, helping users to monitor the temperature without difficulty. Furthermore, the construction of the smoker enables it to smoke for as long as 8 hours. You can fill it with wood once and then leave the smoking task for the machine.
In short, those who are looking for the best digital smoker with a great capacity should take the Bradley Digital 6 Rack Smoker into consideration.
Bradley Digital 6 Rack Smoker Specifications
Cooking space: 780 square inches
Dimensions: 11.5 x 15 x 33 inches
Heating element: 500
Weight: 60.5 pounds
What We Like
- Impressive cooking capacity (up to 780 square inches) with 6 adjustable racks
- Unique wood system
- Precise temperature settings and automatically-off feature
- Polished stainless steel exterior offers an appealing look
- Comes with its special ash catcher, making cleanup easier than ever
- Built-in thermostat
We Don’t Like
- The heating element might be insufficient, but you can replace it with a 900-watt element
12. Smokin-It Model #1 Electric SmokerB002VGE36S
This is another best electric smoker from Smokin-It. It is made of 18 gauge, 201 stainless steel, and it comes in a user-friendly and portable design. The device is built with 4 heavy-duty rubber wheels of 3-inch diameters so that it can be moved with ease. You should remember to attach the wheels yourself. Besides, there are three smoking grills made of stainless steel to help you cook plenty of food. A drip pan is placed underneath the smoker. It also comes with a thermostat so that you can monitor the temperature from 100 degrees to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. You do not have worry about assembly as everything is done for you. Once you open the package, you can easily start your smoking process. Not to mention, there a sample of hickory for you to season the machine at once.
Regarding the cooking capacity, the internal space is so large that it allows you to smoke 22 pounds of meats and fish. Therefore, if you want to hold a big party, this smoker is the perfect assistant. The heating element is 400 watts. The machine uses 3amps 120-vold single phase. Moreover, the smoker is well insulated due to fiberglass, meaning that heat loss can be reduced. Furthermore, the appearance of New Side Handles enables users to move or lift the electric smoker without difficulty. Finally, if you need a smoker for commercial use, then this is what you are looking for. It is certified by NSF for Restaurant use.
Smokin-It Model #1 Electric Smoker Specifications
- Cooking space: 22 pounds of food
- Dimensions: 12.5 x 17.25 x 13.5
- Heating element: 400 watts
- Weight: 58.6 pounds
What We Like
- Very easy to use
- All the components are assembled, so you can start smoking once the package is opened
- Large internal smoking space
- 3 grilling racks
- Helps reduce heat loss
- New Side Handles make it easier to move or lift the device
- NSF certified for using in restaurants
We Don’t Like
- So far all the customers have given the product 5 stars, so no complaints have been made
13. Masterbuilt MB20073519 Bluetooth Digital Electric Smoker with BroilerB07NQTTPGY
Here is another digital electric smoker that you should not overlook – the Masterbuilt MB20073519 Bluetooth Digital Electric Smoker with Broiler. It comes with many wonderful features. Firstly, it can be controlled through Bluetooth technology. Therefore, you can sit comfortably, monitoring the cooking temperature and time you want, turning it on and off and even checking the meat temperature with a smart device. Alternatively, you can use the digital control panel. Moreover, the digital electric smoker comes with a meat probe, which means you can monitor the suitable temperature for your food and then enjoy the perfect meats.
When it comes to cooking space, this smoker has 4 smoking racks plated with chrome, enabling users to cook as much as 6 chickens, 2 turkeys, 4 pork butts or 4 chunks of ribs. So, if you are keen on outdoor parties, this is the perfect option.
If you are concerned about affecting the temperature when refilling wood chips, this device offers a great solution. It has a patented side wood chip loading system that can add chips without opening the door of the smoker, meaning that heat loss can be avoided.
Masterbuilt MB20073519 Bluetooth Digital Electric Smoker with Broiler Specifications
- Cooking space: enough to smoke 6 chickens, 2 turkeys, 4 pork butts or 4 chunks of ribs
- Dimensions: 19.88 x 20.66 x 33.46 inches
- Weight: 54 pounds
What We Like
- Patented wood chip loading system
- Bluetooth technology allows users to control the device with their smart device
- Friendly to both newbies and professional cooks
- Comes with a meat probe
We Don’t Like
- The LED display is rather small and hard to read, especially in direct sunlight
14. Best Bisquette Smoker – Bradley Smoker Original 4 Rack Stainless SmokerB007FFYHM0
For those who are concerned about dirty smoke during the smoking process, they should opt for this Smoker Original 4 Stainless Smoker from Bradley. The brand is well known for their smoke handling technology and the best quality.
To begin with, the heavy-duty construction of the electric smoker makes sure users can enjoy smoked food for a very long time. Although the price may put you off the first time you see the tag, such an investment is worth it as the smoker will stay with you for many years. Unlike conventional metal box, the smoker of Bradley is equipped with the highest-quality insulation solution. Besides, the interior is made of stainless steel, making cleanup easier than ever. Not to mention, it is rust-resistant. The smoke generators are produced in a way that ensures maintenance is superb fast and easy and thus cleaning will not be problem. In short, this is a wise investment.
When it comes to smoking solutions, the electric smoker is equipped with CleanSmoke Technology, by which uniquely designed natural wood smoking bisquettes are given through a conveyor system to smoke for an exact amount of time, and then doused before the wood becomes ash. In general, burning wood to ash creates bitter toxins, which certainly you do not want you food to have. Therefore, with this technology, the smoke flavor is completely pure every time, and your health is certainly protected.
While ordinary smokers requires users to do many tasks from adding to removing wood chunks, chips or sawdust, this product gives you a simple and convenient solution. All you have to do is to fill the chamber with Bradley’s unique natural bisquettes, choose the temperature you want, set the time, and then the machine works for as long as 9 hours.
With this electric smoker, you can smoke plenty of foods at the same time including beef, fowl, veggies, sausage, and pork. You can also add the cold smoke adapter to cold smoke different kinds of food, such as salmon, cheese, nuts, wine, beer, whisky and a lot more. Versatility is what the product offers.
Bradley Smoker Original 4 Rack Stainless Smoker Specifications
- Cooking space: 572 square inches
- Dimensions: 34 x 20 x 18 inches
- Weight: 25 kilograms
- Heating element: 500 watts
- Maximum temperature: 250 degrees F
What We Like
- Heavy-duty construction with best insulated solution
- Large capacity
- Backed by one-year warranty
- Comes with thermostat
- 4 adjustable racks, making cleanup superb easy
- CleanSmoke Technology ensures pure smoke every time and thus your food can avoid dirty smoke
- Can cold smoke (the cold adapter has to be bought separately)
We Don’t Like
- Electrical connections might be faulty at times
15. PIT BOSS 77220 2.2 Analog SmokerB079179NY5
Pit Boss has been a well-loved brand in the industry of smokers for more than two decades, so there must be plenty of standout features that their devices can offer. Let us check out this PIT BOSS 77220 2.2 Analog Smoker to see why they receive tons of positive reviews from customers.
To begin with, the electric smoker comes with a large cooking space of nearly 600 square inches spreading across 3 cooking racks. These are coated with porcelain, which is well known for durability. Moreover, the water and wood pan also has a coat of porcelain, enhancing its ability to withstand. The device is designed with integrated analog controls, which means there are no plugging or unplugging units required. This explains why the smoker has been praised for simplicity for years. Everything is already assembled; so once you turn it on, there you go.
There is analog meat probe in the package, enabling you to check the temperature of the meat precisely without paying extra money for a meat probe. This saving factor is undeniably a bonus, especially for those who have a tight budget. When it comes to monitor the temperature, there is a door thermometer, so you can easily set the temperature you want. Remember the maximum temperature the device can reach is 325 degrees F. Furthermore, its glass window has received a great deal of positive feedback since it helps users to see the meat inside instead of opening the door to check if the meat is well cooked or not.
With the large capacity, you can cook a wide variety of foods, for example, around 5 full-size racks of ribs, 6 chickens, each of which weighs up to 5 pounds and 4 pork shoulders, 8 pounds apiece. If you are enthusiastic about having a big barbecue, then this electric smoker is definitely a good buy.
PIT BOSS 77220 2.2 Analog Smoker Specifications
- Cooking space: 593 square inches
- Dimensions:21.5 x 23 x 41 inches
- Weight: 58 pounds
What We Like
- Large cooking space, up to 593 square inches
- No need for plugging or unplugging units
- Comes with a meat probe
- 3 smoking racks made of porcelain, which is superb durable
We Don’t Like
- It may take a while to learn how to use the smoker properly
16. Masterbuilt 20070910 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Top ControllerB00104WRCY
Here comes another best electric smoker. No matter how professional you are, this Masterbuilt 20070910 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker will help you cook extremely delicious food.
The first appealing feature of this digital electric smoker is its space, which is up 730 square inches spreading across 4 cooking racks plated with chrome. Therefore, you can cook plenty of food at the same time. To be precise, you can cook as much as 80 pounds of meats, equivalent to 4 pork shoulders or 4 rack of ribs, 2 whole turkeys or 6 whole chickens. If you want to treat a big crowd, then such an amount will be more than enough.
The device comes with digital temperature and timer control panel so that you can set the temperature with ease and get the expected result. When it comes to the maximum temperature, this smoker ensures you can cook food from 100 to 275 degrees Fahrenheit. The heat range is perfect for cooking all kinds of food, from fish or vegetables, which generally need low temperatures, to meats that usually need high temperatures. Not to mention, the construction of the smoker promises good insulation, meaning that you can cook food even during winter months.
The pan provided in the package offers two purposes. Not only can you use it as a water pan to increase moisture but it also can work as a fat collector, making sure your food is healthy and tasty. As the pan is removable, cleanup is just a piece of cake. Just take it out and use some soap to clean it, then your pan will be free of grease.
In terms of loading wood, the smoker comes with a side loading wood system, which means that you can add wood anytime you want without opening the device, which usually leads to heat loss. As you can see, cooking will be an enjoyable experience.
Masterbuilt 20070910 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker Specifications
- Cooking space: 730 square inches
- Heating element: 800 watts
- Dimensions: 20 x 17 x 33.5 inches
- Weight: 45.86 pounds
What We Like
- Perfect for cooks at all levels
- Large cooking capacity
- Digital temperature control panel
- Insulated body makes it possible for users to cook anytime of the year
- Comes with a removable pan which can work as both a water pan and a drip pan
- Comfortable side loading system so that users can add wood chips opening the smoker
We Don’t Like
- You have to buy a meat probe separately
- It may take a while to heat up
17. Best Analog – Masterbuilt MB20070210 Analog Electric SmokerB07NQLF9WD
Are you thinking of a user-friendly electric smoker? Here is our suggestion: the MB20070210 Analog Electric Smoker from Masterbuilt. It is praised for its simplicity, which makes it foolproof. Whether you are a professional cook or novice, you will be able to control the device right after you receive the package.
This analog electric smoker comes with many outstanding features. To begin with, the temperature setting is far from complicated. There is no digital panel, nor is there additional components. All you have is a dial and once you set the temperature by turning the dial, filling the device with wood chips, you can leave the machine do the rest for you. How simple it is!
The cooking space of the smoker is large with 536 square inches. There are 3 cooking racks included in the package that are plated with chrome. That’s more than enough for a barbecue. You can cook as much as 3 whole chickens, 2 turkeys, 3 pork butts or 3 racks or ribs at the same time. The heating element is 1500 watts, so the smoker promises even, consistent smoking throughout the process. When it comes to wood loading system, the chip tray can slide in and out so that you can remove ash with ease. Not to mention, cleanup will be an absolute breeze.
In short, if you want a smoker with many standout features at an affordable price, then this analog electric smoker is definitely a great buy!
Masterbuilt MB20070210 Analog Electric Smoker Specifications
- Cooking space: 536 square inches
- Heating element: 1500 watts
- Dimensions: 20 x 21.69 x 40.15 inches
- Weight: nearly 50 pounds
What We Like
- Simple to use – Anyone can smoke food with this device regardless of their expertise
- High heating element
- The slide-out wood chip tray makes it easy to clean
- Comes with analog temperature setting dial
We Don’t Like
- Might be suitable for home cooks rather than restaurant use
18. Best Budget – Dyna-Glo Vertical Analog Electric SmokerB06WVNYJ2X
One of the most reasonably priced analog electric smokers on the market is the Dyna-Glo Vertical Analog Electric Smoker. Not only does it come at a superb affordable price but it also gives you a wonderful smoking experience. The analog electric smoker comes with a spacious cooking space of up to 505 square inches that spreads across 3 removable cooking racks. As the grates are plated with chrome, you can rest assured that they are of high durability.
When it comes to heating element, the smoker is built with 1500 watts, offering even, and consistent smoking throughout the process. Therefore, whether you want to have a barbecue in winter or summer, you can easily smoke a wide variety of foods.
The smoker comes with a side wood chip loading system, enabling you to add wood chips conveniently while the heat and smoke loss can be minimized. The temperature dial and temperature gauge made of stainless steel makes sure you will get the temperature with high precision. With this analog electric smoker, your cooking experience will be very simple and thus more enjoyable than ever!
Dyna-Glo Vertical Analog Electric Smoker Specifications
- Cooking space: 505 square inches
- Dimensions: 23.5 x 18.4 x 35.9 inches
- Weight: 46.29 pounds
- Heating element: 1500 watts
What We Like
- Comes at a reasonable price
- Has a side wood chip loading system so that heat and smoke will not be lost
- Temperature dial and temperature gauge ensure the heat control with the highest precision
- Simplifies the cooking process
- Works perfectly for both professional and beginner cooks
We Don’t Like
- The smoke tray is relatively small
19. Old Smokey Electric SmokerB00158QQLI
Those who are keen on traditional designs will immediately fall in love with this Old Smokey Electric Smoker. It may look simple at first glance, but it is so well functioned that it can provide you with an enjoyable cooking experience at a reasonable price.
To start with, wood chips can be added through the wood chip tray placed on the top of the heating element. The device can get up to 250 degrees Fahrenheit, which is more than enough for cooking different kinds of foods. However, you should bear in mind that the temperature will decrease when the smoke from the chips and steam made by the juice from the meats fill the interior of the electric smoker.
The device comes with a heat thermostat that enables you to cook a wide variety of foods. Besides, the flat top of the smoker makes sure the juices will drip back onto the meats, giving you the tenderness and best results ever. Finally, the smoker has 2 grills, each of which has handles so that you can insert and remove it with ease.
Old Smokey Electric Smoker Specifications
- Dimensions: 15.5 x 15.5 x 29 inches
- Weight: 24 pounds
- Heating element: equivalent to that of electric oven
- Maximum temperature: 250 degrees Fahrenheit
What We Like
- The flat top makes sure the juices drip back to the meats
- Comes with a user-friendly heat thermostat
- Wood chip tray is built above the heating element
- Built in traditional design, which is very easy to use
- Ideal for smoking a wide variety of foods including pork, seafood, brisket, chicken and turkey.
We Don’t Like
- The smoker may expose you to harmful substances, namely carbon monoxide
20. Smokehouse Products Little Chief Front Load SmokerB000ZKZJMY
Another best electric smoker in this list is the Smokehouse Products Little Chief Front Load Smoker. Here are some features that make the products leave other competitors standing.
Firstly, this front loading smoker has a cooking instruction booklet in which there are many recipes so that you can cook different kinds of foods. Moreover, the package also includes a bag Chips n’ Chunks hickory flavor wood fuel that weighs 1.75 pounds, so you can start your smoking process right after receiving the package.
Furthermore, the electric smoker offers the consistent low temperature setting throughout the smoking experience with the heating element of 250 watts and the maximum temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
The cooking capacity of the smoker is impressive, allowing you to cook up to 25 pounds of foods. Therefore, if you want to hold a big party outdoors, this smoker is definitely a suitable option. Another great element of this electric smoker is its uniqe smoke ventilation, which means appropriate dehydration and smoke circulation. Thanks to the ventilation, your food will get the deep smoke flavor and proper texture. Not to mention, the construction of the device is made of embossed aluminum, and therefore it is of durability and suitable for outdoor use. Finally, the device is backed by 2-year warranty, so if you have any problem when using it, you can rest assured that you can receive the best customer service.
Smokehouse Products Little Chief Front Load Smoker Specifications
- Cooking space: sufficient for 25 pounds of foods
- Dimensions: 11.5 x 11.5 x 24.5 inches
- Weight: 12.2 pounds
- Heating element: 250 watts
What We Like
- The smoker is superb lightweight, so you can place it anywhere you would like.
- Comes with a large cooking space of 25 pounds of foods
- Comes at an affordable price
- Be praised for simplicity and user-friendly feature
- Regarded as the best electric smoker for beginners
We Don’t Like
- Aluminum construction might be dented
- The device comes with no temperature regulator
Best Electric Smoker Brands
Holding an outdoor barbecue is a great way to enjoy the weekend as well as vacation, and therefore purchasing an electric smoker is obviously a great choice. However, with a great number of smokers available on the market built with different functions at different price ranges, finding the right smoker is undoubtedly a daunting task. Here we have some well-known brands for your consideration
Working in the industry for nearly 50 years, the company has introduced various kinds of grills ranging from charcoal to pellet. Nowadays, its grills are made in China. The brand is famous for its high-grade construction at an affordable price. Therefore, it attracts not only novices but also professional cooks.
In addition to the high quality of Masterbuilt products, the company is also praised for its great customer service. Not being complacent about its current success, the company is always making its effort to upgrade its products through innovation and technology. Therefore, if you opt for any product from Masterbuilt, you will never feel dissatisfied with it.
The brand Char-Broil is considered the best manufacturer of gas grills rather than electric smokers as it has numerous well known models at a competitive price. Its grills were first manufactured in the USA in 1948, but now they are made in China.
Despite the fact Char-Broil grills seem to be more popular, top rated electric smokers made by the company receive great attention and praise from customers. In general, they are loved by their heavy-duty appearance while their price is very appealing.
- Bradley Technologies
The Canadian brand Bradley offers customers many products with standout features. It is famous for its own bisquettes, which make excellent smoke and heat.
Buying Guides – What to Look for Before Buying an Electric Smoker?
Here are some elements that you should take into consideration before choosing an electric smoker
1. Size and cooking space
At first glance, an electric smoker with a large cooking capacity might be appealing, but the width of the device should also be taken into account.
Just imagine that you have even four cooking grills but fail to put a full rack of ribs on them, and then there is no use having such a number of grates. This, in fact, is the problem that smokers of 30 inches usually have. These devices are portable, which a bonus for families that do not have a large home space. However, to those who are keen on full racks of ribs or similar big items, they should buy the larger model, for example, 40-inch ones.
2. Heating element
The key to choosing the standard electric smoker is heating element. If you want the device to reach a certain temperature within a certain period, you should take into consideration the power it has. Not to mention, if the heating element is low, the smoker cannot deal with a certain amount of foods.
When it comes to heating element ranging from 500 to 1500 watts, the best electric smokers should come with the 800-watt element, as such power is strong enough to allow for cooking different kinds of foods and the device is reasonably priced.
The lower the power is, the longer it takes a device to reach a certain temperature before the cooking process is ready to begin. In general, it takes a smoker half an hour or 45 minutes to reach a certain temperature.
3. Meat probe
While some electric smokers already include their own meat probes so that users can monitor the temperature of foods with ease, it does not mean those without a meat thermometer should not be purchased. Such a probe does not break the bank. If the no-meat-probe smoker offers many standout features that you need, just go for it and buy the thermometer separately.
4. Wood chip loading system
The place where you can add wood chips is of high importance because it can determine whether heat or smoke can be consistent throughout the cooking process. For example, a wood chip loading system enables users to add chips with heat and smoke loss being minimized.
5. Easy cleanup
Many people are concerned about cleaning a kitchen appliance before making a final decision. If the device is equipped with removable components, for instance, cooking grates, this will make it easier to clean the smoker.
You should check if the adjustable components are dishwasher-friendly. If they are so, then cleaning will be much easier and thus you are free for other tasks.
6. Portable feature
If you have a fixed place for your electric smoker, then portability will be not a problem. However, if space is your biggest concern, you should take into account how portable your device is. A lightweight machine makes it easy for users to move it from place to place. Alternatively, if a smoker is built with heavy-duty handles or sturdy wheels, you can move it with ease.
Materials are the key to determining how durable a smoker can be. Some materials that are good for the construction include aluminum, stainless steel and powdered steel. You should bear in mind that stainless steel and aluminum are well known for resisting rust and thus can make your products last longer.
In general, cooking grills are plated with chrome, aluminum or stainless steel. While stainless steel offers the longest period of use, it is usually the most expensive. An alternative is chrome, which makes cooking grates easy to clean, but it is much cheaper. Therefore, you can consider the balance between the cost and longevity.
As with any purchase, it is important to consider the price. Electric smokers are usually priced slightly lower than their gas or charcoal counterparts, but there are still several factors that need to be considered before making this decision. First, consider the cost of the smoker. When determining this factor, it is important to remember that buying an expensive smoker does not necessarily mean you will be getting a better product than if you had chosen a cheaper model.
Capacity is another important factor to consider when purchasing an electric smoker. Capacity refers to the amount of cooking that can be completed in one session without having to start over. Electric smokers are available with anywhere from 5 racks (approx 25 lbs) up to 12/14 racks (approx 100-140lbs).
10. Durability & Warranty
This is an especially significant factor because the life of an electric smoker depends on its ability to withstand both extreme temperatures and frequent use. Choose a trusted brand that offers warranties ranging from one to five years for added peace of mind.
11. Temperature Stability
This is an important factor to consider when choosing an electric smoker. While they are not as versatile as their gas or charcoal counterparts, it is still possible to choose a model that allows the user to change cooking temperatures depending on desired results.
12. Drip and Water Pan Quality
This is one of the most important factors to consider when purchasing an electric smoker. A properly designed pan will catch all drippings which keep your food from absorbing unwanted smoke and grease while preventing flare-ups that can cause charring or burnt food.
13. Installed Caveats
Most high-quality smokers come with a great warranty, but it only covers the smoker if it is used for its intended purpose. So, if you purchase a smoker and plan to use it on a regular basis, make sure that there are no built-in hazards such as an extremely hot exterior or rods located on the bottom of the smoker that can only be accessed by removing the smoker’s legs.
14. Layer Structure
Both heat distribution and heat retention are greatly affected by how well a smoker is insulated. Insulation provides a barrier between your foot and the outside environment, preventing heat from escaping while allowing smoke vapor to surround your food with flavor. The best insulation will have multiple layers within each section of the smoker’s body. This helps keep temperature fluctuations from affecting your cooking results, making it easier to maintain desired temperatures throughout the smoking process.
15. Safer Option
Electric smokers are by far the safest way to go when it comes to outdoor cooking. Electric smokers do not require any gas lines, propane tanks, or open flames which means that you never have to worry about propane leaks or having a fire on your hands.
16. The Durability Of The Power Cord
Make sure that the smoker’s power cord is durable and well insulated. If it isn’t, then you risk exposing yourself to potentially dangerous electric shock or faulty connections along with the power source.
It may be a minor consideration, but weight can affect your cooking experience in a few ways. First, a heavy smoker is more difficult to transport. Second, if the smoker is placed on an uneven surface, it may become top-heavy and tip over. Make sure to choose a model that has built-in handles for added stability during transportation or storage.
18. Accurate Temperature Gauge
Most high-quality smokers come with their own temperature gauges, but it’s still important to check the accuracy of your smoker’s included gauge. You don’t want to waste time, energy, or money cooking under false pretenses.
19. High-End Model
While electric smokers are great for creating amazing meals with little fuss, they may not be worth it if you only plan on using them once in a while. Consider purchasing a high-end smoker if you plan on using it often, otherwise, it might be more cost-efficient to purchase a cheaper model.
20. Adjustable Air Flow
You want to make sure that your smoker’s air vents are adjustable. This will allow for better temperature control and ensure that the smoke is able to circulate around the food you’re cooking.
A high-quality smoker can last you for many years if it’s properly cared for. Pay attention to the warranty on your new smoker, as well as any built-in safety features that help ensure that your unit is safe to use on a regular basis.
22. Smoker Reviews
It is important to use the best methods available for finding out what other people are saying about the smokers you’re considering buying. Look for unbiased reviews online, read consumers’ ratings on smoker listings sites, and talk to friends who have experience with different types of smokers – but don’t be swayed by personal opinions unless they are backed up by facts or experience.
Pros and Cons of Electric Smokers
- They offer better safety – Using an electric smoker can help you avoid fire hazards.
- It is faster to heat up the unit than conventional smokers are – You can cook foods more easily, as the cooking grates heat up more quickly.
- User-friendly – Regardless of the brand, an electric smoker is very easy to use. All you need to do is to plug it in, fill the device with wood chips, and set the temperature and time. Now you leave the remaining tasks for the device.
- An electric smoker is ideal for those who are health-conscious – As the food is not directly placed above the burning flame, you can rest assured that your foods are freed from toxins.
- An outlet is required – As an electric smoker needs power, you have to put it at a location where there is an outlet. This also means that some areas might not be convenient. For example, if there is a pool in a small garden, it is not suitable for placing an electric smoker.
- A lack of traditional taste of charcoal – Although an electric smoker offers a user-friendly way of cooking foods, some users complain that the flavor brought by such a device is not as tasty as by classic grills
- Cleaning might be a big consideration – Not all components are removable, which means that you have to check how to clean them properly.
FAQs About Best Electric Smokers?
What Is An Electric Smoker?
An electric smoker is a device that uses electricity as its main source of fuel. It has an electrical heating element that sends up to 30 kilowatts (depending on the model) of heat into either one or two smoking chambers through metal coils. The main advantage of using this device for smoking meats and other food products is:
The convenience and ease of using this device for smoking.
How Do I Use An Electric Smoker?
There are different types of electric smokers available in the market today. Some have a single chamber and some have two chambers with different temperature controls to be able to offer consistent temperatures for both chambers simultaneously. The electric smoker is a “set it and forget it” type of smoker. Once you have put your meat inside the chamber, it will stay there until you are ready to take it out. The only thing that you need to do is set the temperature for either one or two chambers and then just wait for your food to be cooked thoroughly.
What Kind Of Fuel Does An Electric Smoker Use?
An electric smoker is an all-electric device. Electricity is the only fuel that they use for cooking your food, making it safer to use in homes that are not equipped with gas hookups.
How Much Does An Electric Smoker Cost?
Electric smokers are more expensive than conventional smokers because of their built-in components and insulation material. They do offer an advantage over their conventional counterparts, though. Since conventional smokers require wood or charcoal as a fuel source to produce smoke, they need to be replenished from time to time. Electric smokers do not have that problem because the only thing they use for staying powered is electricity – no replenishing of anything is required – so the convenience factor saves you money in wood or charcoal costs.
How Do I Maintain My Electric Smoker?
The primary thing to keep your electric smoker in top shape is to make sure that you clean it regularly. Not doing so can cause the insides of your machine to get clogged up with debris and buildup, potentially causing damage to the components inside. A good practice is to use some warm soapy water on a non-abrasive sponge every time you are finished smoking. This will keep your smoker in good shape for many years of hassle-free usage.
How Do I Cook With My Electric Smoker?
Electric smokers are very versatile when it comes to the type of cooking that can be done. They can be used to cook pretty much everything, ranging from meat and vegetables to candy. One of the most popular products that are made using an electric smoker is jerky. Many people use a recipe for making beef jerky in the smoker because it gives it a slightly smoky flavor without having too many spices or additives involved. This allows the natural flavors of the meat to come through, giving it a delicious taste that many people love.
How Do I Clean My Electric Smoker?
For regular cleaning, all you need is some warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Other than that, there are no other special instructions for keeping your smoker in top shape on a regular basis.
What Are The Advantages Of Using An Electric Smoker?
The main advantage of using an electric smoker is that it does not use any type of fuel source other than electricity. This makes it very convenient to use in houses where there is no access to gas, making it safer for homes that do not have gas stovetops or ovens. The other main advantage of electric smokers is the ease of use that they offer. Set it, and forget it is a motto that most users of electric smokers live by because this smoker type does not require constant attention in order to be used successfully.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Using An Electric Smoker?
One disadvantage of electric smokers is that they do not offer as much heat control as their conventional counterparts. Electric smokers have a very limited range of temperatures that can be achieved, making them less versatile than conventional smokers. In addition, the insulation material that they use decreases the amount of smoke that is able to escape from your cooking chamber – so foods being prepared during long cooks will not be as smoky as they would be in a conventional smoker.
How Do I Start Using An Electric Smoker?
Using an electric smoker is very easy. First, plug it into an outlet and then add your food to the cooking chamber. Depending on what you are cooking, set your temperature accordingly and let it cook until your food reaches its desired tenderness.
What Are The Different Types Of Electric Smokers?
There are two main types of electric smokers – cabinet style and stick style. The stick style is one where the components are outside the cooking chamber, making it possible to regulate them whether they are wet or dry. Cabinet styles have all their elements contained within the cooking chamber itself, making it harder to regulate the temperature without opening up the unit.
What Are Some Tips For Electric Smoker Cooking?
Here are some helpful tips for cooking in an electric smoker:
Avoid overloading your unit – this will cause uneven cooking times and can lead to undercooked food. Make sure that you have enough space between your product and the heating element to prevent over-drying of your food. Keep a lookout for hot spots – some electric smokers have elements that heat up more than others, leading to areas where the food cooks faster and hotter than in other areas. Place items with thicker cuts closest to the outside of the cooking chamber so they cook slower and at similar times as items placed in the center of the chamber.
Can I Use An Electric Smoker In The Garage?
Yes, you can use an electric smoker in a garage. Make sure that there is proper ventilation by leaving the garage door open while your smoker is in use and placing a fan near the exhaust to remove any excess smoke.
What Should I Look For When Buying An Electric Smoker?
There are several things to consider when purchasing an electric smoker, including operating ease, construction materials, insulation integrity, and the types of foods that can be cooked in it. Most electric smokers are made with stainless steel or cast aluminum to increase heat conductivity and decrease heat retention. The insulation material used in many units works well for slow cooking meats but does not perform as well for cooking fish. So when buying an electric smoker, decide what types of proteins you will mostly be cooking in it before making a purchase.
What Is The Difference Between Electric Smokers And Pellet Grills?
Although there are some similarities between pellet grills and electric smokers, they are two different types of units. One of the biggest differences between both types is that pellet grills use wood pellets made specifically for this unit, which must be added via a feed system during cooking. Electric smokers do not require any additional fuel and can use the heat generated by the heating element to slowly cook food.
Where Should I Place My Electric Smoker?
When placing your electric smoker in an outdoor or indoor environment, it is important to make sure that the unit is protected from weather conditions. Make sure it is placed in a shady area and cover your unit with a protective cover when not in use.
How Hot Do Electric Smokers Get?
Electric smokers typically reach lower temperatures than conventional smokers because of the insulation materials used, although some models can reach higher temperatures for searing.
How Often Should I Empty My Electric Smoker?
The frequency at which you empty your electric smoker will depend on whether it is full or has been emptied recently. If it is close to being full, you should empty your smoker to prevent spillover due to excess steam that may accumulate. If the unit was recently emptied, you will leave it be until it is full again.
What To Look For In A Portable Electric Smoker?
When choosing your portable electric smoker, there are several things you want to keep an eye out for, including ease of use, the number of racks available for cooking, and how well it holds in heat. You also want to take a look at the insulation material used to make sure that it works well with fish as well as meat products.
Can I Use An Electric Smoker Indoors?
Yes, you can use an electric smoker indoors without any problems. However, make sure that there is proper ventilation by leaving the door open while your unit is in use and placing a fan near the exhaust to remove any excess smoke.
Do I Need To Season A New Electric Smoker Before Using?
No, it is not necessary to season a new electric smoker before use. Many manufacturers use nonstick coatings or other materials on surfaces to prevent the sticking of fish and meat products. However, some people choose to season their units by first cooking bacon or other fatty foods in order to create a protective coating on the unit that helps prevent sticking.
How Do Electric Smokers Work?
Electric smokers use electricity to generate heat in order to slowly cook food products. The heating element inside the unit can be made of ceramic, quartz, or metal and will create enough heat after a certain amount of time to start cooking your food product. You set the temperature you want for the electric smoker and when the unit reaches the desired temperature, it will start automatically cooking your food.
Do Electric Smokers Use Propane?
No, electric smokers do not use propane for fuel and instead rely on electricity to generate heat inside the unit. This makes it easier to use, but also means that you can no longer cook when there is a power outage.
Can I Add Wood Chips To A Brushless Electric Smoker?
Although it isn’t recommended to add wood chips in a brushless electric smoker, you can still do this if you wish. Be sure to remove the metal plate from the heating element before adding wood chips and check for signs of smoke leakage after cooking with an increased amount of chips.
Do Electric Smokers Come With Temperature Gauges?
Electric smokers typically come with some kind of temperature gauge, giving you an idea of the internal temperature where the food is being cooked. This allows for easy monitoring to avoid overcooking your fish or meat products.
How Thick Should My Wood Chips Be?
Wood chips are not as thick as they are long, typically around 0.5 inches or less in thickness and 1 inch or more in length. You can cut down smaller pieces of wood chips to make them easier to handle and add the entire piece into your electric smoker at once if desired.
What Can I Use As A Cooling Rack On The Bottom Of My Electric Smoker?
If you do not have an internal rack or another cooling rack inside your electric smoker, you can cut up grill grates or other metal materials to use as a cooling rack. These will usually fit right onto the bottom of the unit and hold down your food product so that it cooks evenly while also allowing excess moisture to drip down below.
How Many Watts Does An Electric Smoker Use?
Electric smokers will typically range in wattage when in use anywhere from 500 to 1500 watts. Models with fewer heating elements tend to use less power, while larger models that have more heating elements need more wattage in order to generate enough heat for cooking purposes.
How Long Does It Take To Heat Up A New Electric Smoker?
It takes around 12 to 16 hours for a new electric smoker unit to heat up. During this time, you will want to have the unit plugged in so that it can start heating up your food product. Once the internal temperature has reached a certain level, it is usually safe to add your food.
How Much Wood Chips Do Electric Smoker Burn Through?
An electric smoker will typically burn through roughly 10 to 16 ounces of wood chips during one cooking session. Be sure to check for signs of smoke leakage and add more chips as needed in order to keep the unit functional and working at its highest capacity.
Why Are Electric Smokers So Expensive?
The cost of an electric smoker is higher than most other models because it is designed with more advanced technology that allows the unit to cook at lower temperatures for longer periods of time. This makes food products taste better, but also takes up a lot of electricity in order to function properly.
Can I Convert My Propane Smoker Into an Electric One?
No, you cannot convert a propane smoker into an electric one. This is because propane smokers already use electricity for the ignition system and do not need another source in order to function properly.
What is One of the Best Brands of Electric Smokers?
One of the most popular brands of electric smokers is Masterbuilt, with their line of products designed to be easy to use while also offering a wide range of features for all types of electric smokers.
Can I Still Add Wood Chips If the Chips Are Too Big?
If you have wood chips that are too large to fit into your electric smoker, it is still possible to add them as long as you place them on top of your food product or remove the metal plate from your electric smoker and place them in there.
What Is the Difference Between Propane and Electric Smokers?
The major difference between propane smokers and electric smokers is that a propane smoker uses a flame or heat source to heat up the metal grates where your food product will be placed. This means that you have more control over the temperature of your food. Electric smokers use a heating element to generate heat, which can make it more difficult to regulate internal temperature for cooking purposes.
How Do I Keep the Flavor in My Food When Using an Electric Smoker?
You will want to add dry wood chips into your electric smoker before placing your food product inside. This allows you to cook your food using a smoky flavor that can enhance the taste of your food without overpowering it.
What Equipment Will I Need to Use My Electric Smoker?
You will need to have a few things on hand in order to use your electric smoker properly. These include wood chips, gloves, cooking tongs, and meat thermometers. The wood chips are used to add smokiness to your food, while the gloves will protect your hands. The cooking tongs allow you to grip and move your food product without having to touch it directly. The meat thermometer is important for checking the internal temperature of your food in order for it to cook properly.
It is not a surprise that so many people are switching to electric smokers. They have all of the advantages of gas-powered models without any of the drawbacks, and they tend to be more affordable in most cases. If you’re considering buying an electronic smoker for yourself or as a gift this holiday season, we hope our list has helped you narrow down your options! Whether you want something small and portable with just one cooking rack, or a larger model for feeding large crowds on holidays like Thanksgiving, there is an option out there waiting for you.